Monday 18 June 2012

Lyon

Lyon is called the gastronomical capital of the world. That of course is subjective, but it is considered the food heart of France and if you consider France the world food leader then I guess it deserves the title.

We've spent a lovely few days eating, and while Toby insists this is not a food blog, I couldn't help but take a photo of pretty much every plate put before me. We did other things too, like wander about inside cathedrals and look at frescoes and meander through parks. It has been a lovely couple of days. My five years of French buried deep in my long term memory is serving me well.. I can't really form sentences well but I understand a lot written and a bit spoken so we're doing alright.

On our first night we ate galettes and crepes and cider from Bretagne. It was delicious :) then we were treated to a sunset over the town square.

we also got to wander through an outdoor food market that had huge wheels of cheese and sausages and tubs of olives - we feasted on the free samples.

we are now packing to head off for a week in Paris. I'm looking forward to being in one place again, the moving about is fun but exhausting!

What's news with you all?

2 comments:

  1. Loving your Parisian (although I know you're not actually in Paris yet!) look Loz! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lyon market is talked about a lot, I'm sure Joce mentioned it to you. Especially the saucisson

    ReplyDelete