Thursday 5 July 2012

Celebrities

Two days ago in Amsterdam we were just wandering up the street looking at a canal or something, and walked straight past one of our fav comedians, Donald Glover. Star of tv series Community, which we have been watching pretty much non stop on planes and trains. Being our fav character, we were slightly chuffed. Tobes a bit more so as he gets excited about celebrities whereas I just start acting all cool and casual and 'yeah, whatever they are just another ordinary person who doesn't want to be bothered, and I am EQUAL to them.' (the role of Britta being played by me.)

We headed off to summery Scotland- summery being 12 degrees, rain and fog. Spent last night eating pork and drinking stout and decided this morning to head up to Edinburgh castle. While on our way we encounter roadblocks and police redirecting us, turns out we have run into another parade, about our fifth for this trip. We stayed milling with the crowd and after 10 minutes we got to see celebrity no. 2 for the trip:

THE QUEEN!

Not to be beaten by Donald glover, the Queen clearly wanted to trump him by making an appearance on our trip.
So we saw the queen. From far away. Ok so I mostly saw bald heads and cameras flashing but I did see her in a big robe briefly and Kate in a yellow dress and a few other bigwigs but all the men were a bit blurry. They were there for some special medal presentation.

Catherine you will be happy to know I yelled out 'HARRY! Marry my friend Catherine!' but there was a lot of bagpipes and such so not sure he heard me. (ok I didn't REALLY yell it. Remember I act all cool and calm for celebs. Toby yelled it.)

It amazed me just how crazed some people got for a glimpse of the Queen. Middle aged women in particular were all bustling about a little bit hysterically. We got to wave Scottish flags and cheer and be all excited. It's funny how you can't plan for these things to happen they just do and it makes it all the more funnier.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Did you see any Scottish Deerhounds? I would probs (unfortunately) be more excited to see another one than the Queen just coz it seems like there's none in Australia except Sasha!

    Is it racist that I thought Danny Glover was Donald Glover's father because they're both black?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw lots of great dogs but no deerhounds anywhere! Looks like Sasha is the only one in the world.

    ReplyDelete