Sunday 3 June 2012

Across the globe

I described going from Vietnam to Singapore as like having a shower after camping for 2 weeks.  You feel so clean and fresh there.  However going from there to Vienna is like someone then driving you to a day spa where they give you a body massage, foot scrub and play the sounds of the ocean.

Eveything is SO nice!  The buildings are beautiful!  The streets are clean!  The food is delicious (and cheap!)

Singapore was OK... we were told by three different people that we didnt really have time to go to the zoo, which was our original plan (looking back we totally did) so instead I thought I would try and spend time shopping in a shopping capital of the world.  IT DIDNT WORK.  A frustrating couple of hours later and a story that is longer then I can be bothering writing, I ended up with two new pairs of bathers to replace my lost ones... they arent exactly what I would buy if Id shopped in Aus--- the song "íncy wincy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini" comes to mind.  Even though I ended up with the éxtra large´ size I still feel like most of my bits need a bit of coaxing to stay inside the fabric.  Oh well, they were cheap.

Now in Vienna with Wilhelm who is a kind and generous host... thanks WIlly!  He´s cheeky though.  The other night just as the sun was going down he said ´you two should take a nice walk to the park at the end of the road, its only 2 minutes away and its quite nice´... so we walk down the street except it turns out this is no ordinary park it is a PALACE and the grounds are all amaying huge hedges with water fountains and rose gardens and can I repeat it is a PALACE.  We are going there on Thursday night to hear a classical concert... cant wait.

Then yesterday Wil took us on our first adventure which toured the market, the city and then we got to watch a big marching band regatta with marching bands from all over Austria perform down the main street and in front of the town hall.  It was awesome.  Today is Sunday which is a slow day for Vienna.  I am expecting we will walk, eat, walk some more.  Will post some pics when I can be bothered... having some brekky now so ciao!


(Ps... It´s cold again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment