Sunday 10 June 2012

Austria

Here we are in Salzburg after a week of gallivanting around Vienna. We said a sad farewell to Wilhelm this morning. We are living on a diet of meat, bread and cheese, so I guess it's a good thing we have been walking around 3+ hours a day seeing hills, museums, churches, palaces, pubs, zoos, cafes, shops, woods, castles, markets, etc.

I have lots of exciting Viennese photos but you will have to wait until I get onto a computer for me to show you, and that costs €1.50, and I'm stingy. Mostly its also two floors down and I can't be bothered because my legs hurt from all the walking.

Here you can see the view from the top of the castle over Salzburg city. Also the nicest McDonalds in all the land. I ate a cheeseburger there and it still definitely tastes like cheeseburger though. We got into Salz at 1pm and have already walked much of the city so we are thinking of getting a tour to berchtesgaden or up to the eagles best tomorrow for some stunning mountainous terrain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment