Sunday 6 May 2012

Darwin

Have I only been here 2 days? It feels like an age. We spent Sunday morning eating breakfast at the Nightcliff markets. I had a strawberry and nutella crepe with extra cream (because calories don't count on a Sunday). Toby had an egg ham cheese and special chutney crepe. Yummmmmmmmmo.

We spent the day cruising around town lookin at stuff. We went to the museum which was fascinating. They have a Cyclone Tracy exhibit where you can go into a dark room and the play the sound of the cyclone loudly above you, imitating what it would be like to be trapped in a bunker. I thought, oh thus is ok for 10 minutes but I could not imagine what it would be like for hours and if the sound was the sound of your neighbourhood being ripped to shreds

I also found an irankandji jellyfish, and to give you an idea of size, here it is on the right next to a smallish box jellyfish.

We also caught up with JR And Robyn which was delightful.

1 comment:

  1. I must agree it was delightful! Hope you guys are having fun cruising the Top End. :D

    ReplyDelete